Terms & Conditions
StayKool Term and Conditions.
1. I agree to the following Terms and Conditions and have printed a copy to use for future reference.
2. I agree to bring my car to the premises-based at 2 Verbena Drive, Littloever, Derby, De23 2HS.
3. We do not offer a mobile service.
4. Any extra refrigerant need is charged at £5 per 100g for r134a and £10 per 100g for r1234yf on top of the £29 service charge.
5. Free computer AC diagnostics as part of the service, some cars especially older cars (usually 10 years over) may not have the necessary sensors to diagnose the problem. We also will not be held responsible if ECU lights or electrical faults appear after diagnostics, this is to cover ourselves from fraudulent claims.
6. We will inject UV dye for free, which will show any future leaks.
7. I understand some cars Air Conditioning will not work when the outside temperature is below 10 degrees.
8. We charge a minimum of £15 for each appointment booked.
9. We offer a free Nitrogen Pressure Test as part of the full service if a large leak is found and we can not carry out the service we only charge £15.
Staykool does not repair electrical or mechanical problems and will be referred to our mechanic if extra work is needed to rectify the AC system.
10. We can diagnose over 95% of problems, but in instances where computer diagnostics will not read a fault, we use our years of expertise and process of elimination to rectify a fault. This may mean that in some instances it is a process of replacing parts to eliminate the most common faults. Staykool will not be held responsible if the part replaced does not initially rectify the problem. We will inform the customer honestly in these circumstances.
11. Leak Sealer Additives fix 90% of leaks, and Staykool will not be held responsible if the sealer does not work. ( Some leaks can expand beyond 0.3mm when under pressure)
12. UV Dye will only show leaks once the gas has escaped, it will not show leaks at the time of service.
13. If your car has a rear evaporator, we are unable to check the pipes under the vehicle for leaks.
14. We can only check visible components of the AC system for leaks, we cannot check evaporators and some compressors or hidden components, we, therefore, cannot guarantee that there may be a small unseen leak.
15. I understand that AC Systems can leak at any time mainly due to stones hitting the condenser at the front of the car or seals failing, and Staykool will not be held responsible if this happens after the service and the refrigerant leaks from the car.
16. If a leak occurs within 6 months we will only charge £15 an appointment excluding materials until the leak is rectified.
17. CCTV is in operation at our premises and the servicing may be recorded for future reference. Please inform us if you wish not to be captured on CCTV.
18. My bonnet release and interior fans are working correctly, this is a common reason we can not carry out services.
19. We will be honest and transparent if we do not know the answer to your problem we will not second guess and will seek further advice and email you the solution.
20. By booking online you agree to receive promotional material by being added to our mailing list. No information will be passed onto a third party or sold. If you wish to not be a part of the mailing list please call us up to book an appointment. You can unsubscribe at any time.
21. Condensors purchased from ourselves and fitted by one of our recommended mechanics, do not come with a guarantee. We believe that this is the cheapest option available. Please ask us for a price if you would like a 12-month warranty.
22. Once you have received, your first service with us you will be entitled to a half-price £29 Service between the months of October to April using promo code RT1, please keep the email you receive from us when you first booked as proof of service. The offer is not transferrable to another car.
23. We will not be held responsible for any garage fees if you use your own garage to fit the condenser or any other parts and they do not fit your car. If you use one of our recommended mechanics there will be no charge as we will pay them for their labor charges if a part does not fit and you must have purchased it from ourselves.
24. If we find a fault that needs repairing we will only charge £15, when repaired and you rebook the usual £29 service fee will be charged plus any extra gas needed.
25. Although we check for leaks using high-pressure nitrogen and ultrasonics, we can not guarantee that the car's AC will not leak when it reaches the high pressures that we can not simulate. Some cars have weak points that can suddenly leak when under high operating pressures. Nitrogen molecules are also a lot larger than Refrigerant molecules and can not locate leaks in around 2% of cars. If it does leak we will only charge £15 for each appointment plus any gas needed, 6 months from the first service.